Custom Search

7.14.2010

FLDSMDFR Pinata

My son's second birthday was on the 12th and we'll be throwing his party this weekend!  His favorite movie right now is Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs (coincidentally, it's also MY favorite movie right now) so that'll be the theme!  I had so much fun coming up with different decoration, game, and food ideas.  Sadly, due to our budget, certain ideas will not come to fruition :(  (i.e. homemade nacho cheese fountain, mokey thought translators for the babies to wear, etc.)

I was, however, able to make Flint Lockwood's Diatonic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator into a pinata for the event!  I looked everywhere for those little gummy krabby patties so that when it gets busted open little hamburgers would come out.  But, I couldn't find them anywhere!

Anyway, the cunstruction went surprisingly quickly.  I drew up some plans:
Cut out my various pieces:

Taped them together with packing tape:


Cut some tissue paper into strips and glued them on:
                                         
                                         
Then, I put on all of the embellishments!
                                          
                                          
Tada!

I also made a banner with his name on it and today I'm making a "Pin the Chicken on Brent" game.  Instead of a regular style cake, I'm going to make little cheeseburger shaped cakes for everyone.  That should be a blogworthy occasion as I've never attempted any fancy cake shaping before....  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the picutre of the Fldsmdfr and I sqealed with joy! You are the coolest mom. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails