Custom Search

6.02.2010

Project Numero Uno is underway!

Yesterday, my husband took care of the boys for a bit so that I could get a little break from mommyhood and maybe go catch a matinee at the nearby outdoor shopping mall.  I've been wanting to see "How to Train Your Dragon" but as I made my way over to the theatre, I realized that a matinee showing for that particular movie would likely be full of crying babies and noisy toddlers.  If I wanted to hang out with babies and toddlers, I could have done it for free at home!  Instead, I dropped by Hobby Lobby (or, as i like to call it:  Heaven on Earth).

I figured, I could put my movie/lunch money toward my first project - learning to hook rugs!  All I needed was:

some yarn
a piece of burlap
a hook
an embroidery hoop.

I came home and traced a pattern onto the burlap.  This particular pattern was cut out and traced from a pretty piece of scrapbooking paper I had leftover from when I made baby shower invitations for a friend.
After watching a how-to video on Youtube, I got crackilackin!  Turns out it's relatively easy, albeit time consuming.  I'm sure it'll go a lot faster once I've really gotten the hang of it, though.  Instead of making the big 4'x6' rug for my living room (as pictured in my previous post) I'm starting out a bit smaller, with what will eventually be a bathmat or maybe something to put down in front of the kitchen sink.
I'll keep you posted as my work comes to fruition!  Tell me what you think of it so far!

2 comments:

  1. thats wicked awesome! I bet it is super time consuming- i'm so excited to see it finished! rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was inspired by Mara's baby shower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails